Saturday 10 January 2015

winter/spring wish list

Winter Wishlist

So the student loan has come in and exams are looming which can mean only one thing: I’ve spent waaaaay too long doing some online window shopping. I've managed to whittle my list down to 9 'essentials' for the next couple of months:

It’s currently pretty chilly in England, but surprising dry, which is ideal weather for a nice faux fur jacket. There’s some great ones on the high street, including this black one from Whistles that is currently on sale, but I love this one from ASOA because the soft pink is such a gorgeous colour for winter. This would make the trek from home to lectures much easier to bear!

2) H&M Straight Shirt £14.99
I’ve had a monochrome shirt on my wish list for a while, and this one from H&M perfectly blurs the line between office wear and pirate. Zara also has something similar.

I'll be the first to admit a preference for jeans, trousers and leggings over a skirt or dress, but this skirt from Zara really caught my eye. I love the fabric and pattern, and I think it would look super cute poking out from an oversized wooly jumper with tights until the temperatures rise.

I realised the other day that I’ve worn my Nike Free 5.0s almost every day since I got them in November, so probably need another pair of flat shoes. These slip-ons look really comfy and I find textures like this subtle snakeskin are the perfect way of injecting something extra into all-black outfits.

You lose a lot of body heat through your head, so it’s no surprise that even thinking about putting on a beanie makes me a lot more optimistic about walking home on a dark cold night. Previous beanies have either made me look a) bald or b) about to rob a bank, so I plan on splashing out and getting one that actually looks quite cool.

Although I love technology and use it to organise everything in my life, I’ve never really found an app that quite matches the pure simplicity of writing in a notebook. I’ve just finished my moleskin (this one, £8.50) but I'm undecided between repurchasing the same one, or trying this one from urban outfitters- when do I not wish I was rather at the beach?

I’ve been wearing a lot of dark or bright lipsticks in the last month, but I’m really feeling a paired-back, natural make-up look for the new year. This nice glossy nude will look great with just a simple line of kohl and lots of mascara, and I think Topshop lipsticks are greatly underrated.

In the complete opposite to what I just said above, this colour looks amazing. I'll never get over a dark matt lip, and I’ve heard fantastic things about the NARS lip pencils.

I don’t know about you, but after the excess of the holidays, everything inside and outside of my body needs a deep cleanse. I used to use the Liz Earle Hot Cloth Cleanser before I switched to Clarins last year, but I loved it’s thick, creamy consistency and the natural ingredients. From what I’ve heard, this mask follows suit.

Have you been inspired by any of the things on my wish list? I’d love to hear what you have planned to buy to tide you over until spring!!

1 comment: