Friday 23 January 2015

zara & whistles spring/summer collection 2015: key pieces

It's easy to look out of the window from my bed (with two duvets) and think that spring is just round the corner. Here in Bristol, there are bright blue skies and a predicted high of 8C later today- and I don't like to let anything like the fact it's still January get in my way of looking forward to warmer times.

With this optimism/naivety in mind, I've been browsing through the high street spring/summer collections for inspiration for when it's actually appropriate to wear skirts and coats that don't have thermal insulation.

My two favourite high street stores for s/s have to be Zara and Whistles. I'm not a big fan of decade-dressing, but with designers from Tom Ford to House of Holland embracing the 70s look, I feel I could work it into a minimal wardrobe via some bright yet unfussy stripes or a throw-back shape, both seen in Zara's collection. Whistles, on the other hand, went for a collection after my own heart, with geometric cuts and a monochrome and pastel palette.

I've picked out a few of my favourite pieces from both collections which maaaay be making their way into my wardrobe in the near future (although with that Whistle's rucksack, only in my dreams).







Images from zara.com/uk and whistles.com

1 comment:

  1. Love the tassel print blouse and the checked trousers! Great finds!

    http://clothes-andstuff.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete